Tuesday 1 October 2013

A word about moderation...

I have not, over the last few months, had much time to spare on this blog; a situation I hope now to remedy. I have begun moderating comments, not because I wish to stifle any views which clash with my own, but rather because there was a concerted effort to flood this blog with spam. This was reaching the point where over two hundred spam messages were being posted each day on the comments and I couldn't keep up with deleting them. I gather that this has been  regarded as something of a triumph by those who wished to sabotage the blog, but the only practical result has been that those who comment here will have to wait for a while until I have chance to go through the hundreds of comments and publish those which are genuine. Inevitably, this will mean some genuine comments being either deleted or ignored, for which I am sorry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment